Those of us that run Custom ROMs are probably running CyanogenMod, or have ran CyanogenMod in the past. It's still one of the most popular custom ROMs available because it supports so many different devices. Even after the manufacturer and carriers stop supporting them. We all know that CyanogenMod does nightlies, where the team pushes out a new build of the ROM everyday. So how do you update your Nightly version without having to wipe data and the cache? Well It's actually quite easy to do.
- Go into Settings
- Tap on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet' depending on your device
- Next, tap on "CyanogenMod Updates'
- Change the 'Check for updates' option to what you desire
- Now change the 'Update type' option to what you desire
- Next, tap the refresh icon at the top right
- Once the new nightlies are found, tap on the download icon on the right side
- Once the download is complete, you'll get a pop up similar to what's shown down below.
- Tap on 'Update'
- Your phone will now reboot and update, once it reboots it'll be all done
That's just how easy it is to update to the latest nightly. It seems like a lot, but steps 4 and 5 won't need to be done everyday. Once your phone knows when to check for a new version of CyanogenMod, it'll send you a notification and you just tap that and begin the download. Pretty easy right?