In our root guides, we often talk about going into Download mode. Which is primarily something you only need to do with Samsung devices like the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, etc. So we are putting a short post together to show you how to jump into download mode. It's actually quite simple. So let's get this show on the road.
- Power off your phone
- Restart your phone by pressing Power + Volume Down + Home together
- You'll see a Warning screen next
- Just press Volume Up to continue
- Next you'll see the "Downloading. Do not turn off Target!!"
- You are now in Download mode. You can get out of download mode by removing the battery. But if you are in the middle or rooting/unrooting or something else do not pull the battery out or disconnect from your computer.
It's just that easy to get into download mode on the Galaxy S4 or any other Samsung device. You'll need to know how to get into Download mode when you want to root or unroot your device. Sometimes if your flashing the latest OTA you'll need Download mode as well.