Each day, we are highlighting a new app that is also a pretty good app. This time we're taking a look at Camera 2 by JFDP Labs. Camera 2 is the ultimate real-time effects app. It allows you to take better pictures, amazing videos, and have fun creating them. It also features a ton of amazing unique high quality effects that are grouped into families sharing a common theme.
- Old time: Make your camera look like something from the 20's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even 80's.
- Lomos and Retro: everyone's favorite, from normal to sublime
- Comic: to express yourself, half tone, B&W, printed comics, new style, mix and match
- Art: sometimes you just want to create a piece of art with a tap
- Sci-Fi: see it to believe it
- Computer: and finally, for every geek or nerd out there, this is unmissable. Old computer monitors.
A lot of these effects can be boosted by applying a superb "out of focus" or "depth of field" filter and it's still in real-time.
Some of the other main features include capturing high resolution photos with effects, capture video with effects, apply the effects to your existing photos too, share your creations straight from the app, more than 25 high quality effects, tweak each effect to achieve your unique look, and animated effects.
Camera 2 is available on the Play Store for $2.99 and is currently on version 1.0.2 which weighs in at around 5MB in size. It's also only available for Android 4.0.3 and up. So sorry, to all the Gingerbread folks out there, but this app isn't compatible with your device. You can download it by hitting the Play store button down below.