Sammobile has just gotten a nice little leak. They have a leaked version of Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy S3. We’re going to assume it’s only for the international Galaxy S3 here. The build is I9300XXUFME7 and is Android 4.2.2 with Touchwiz.
They say that development on Android 4.2.2 isn’t completely done yet, but there is a huge changelog with this leak which is expected since you’re jumping to Android 4.2 from 4.1 and you’re getting a brand new version of Touchwiz. We don’t know if the update will bring the Galaxy S4 camera features over to the Galaxy S3, but it would be pretty awesome if they did. This update is still in the testing phase with Samsung and will get released in July or August. Which means September or later for the Galaxy S3’s here in the US.
You can check out the video below to see how it looks on the Galaxy S3:
And here’s the changelog, according to Sammobile:
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
– Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
– New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– New Additions in Notification Center
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
– Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from S4)
– New smart switch widget
– Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
– This is a PRE-RELEASE firmware and is not officially released by Samsung.
– This is just like any official firmware, it DOESN’T increase the binary counter nor changes the system state.
Here are the firmware details for those that want to flash it on their Galaxy S3. Please be sure you have the correct Galaxy S3 before attempting to flash.
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Build Date: 21 May 2013
And now for some flashing instructions:
– Unzip the file
– Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!