In Samsung’s continuing quest to release as many devices as possible, here are the Galaxy S4 Zoom and Galaxy S4 Active. We are expecting Samsung to announce these two devices at their June 20th event in London, which is a few weeks away. In which case we’ll be covering everything from that event, except for the Ativ (Windows Phone) devices they announce.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
The Galaxy S4 Zoom is said to be their answer to the HTC One, well sort of. It’s supposedly going to have an amazing camera. Well let’s see if it really does. Here are the leaked specs for the Galaxy S4 Zoom:
- 4.3-inch 540×960 Super AMOLED display (that’s qHD)
- 1.6GHz dual-core CPU, no LTE support
- Android Jelly Bean OS (could be 4.1 or 4.2)
- 8GB of internal storage and micro SD card support
- 1.9MP front-facing shooter
- 16MP rear-facing camera with 10x optical zoom
- Bluetooth 4.0LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, A-GPS
- 1900mAh battery
The Galaxy S4 Active is supposedly going to be a rough and tough device, but who knows at this point. Let’s check out the Galaxy S4 Active specs:
- 5-inch Super AMOLED Full HD Display
- quad-core Snapdragon 600 CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- LTE support
- 16GB of built-in storage; microSD card support
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, and an IR blaster
- 2600mAh battery
So there we have it. The Galaxy S4 Active basically gives us Galaxy S4 specs, and there’s no word on it being water proof, etc., from the specs. The Galaxy S4 Zoom has an awesome camera. Basically the Galaxy Camera in a much smaller form factor. But are you willing to have a 4.3-inch qHD display for a 16MP camera? Do we really need a 16MP camera on a phone? With 10x Optical Zoom? Let us know in the comments down below what you think about it.