Android is a great place to find games these days. It seems that even the biggest of the best game publishers are targeting Android now. Gameloft and EA are of course at the top of the game but, their games often lack charm and seem to be games that try to wow on graphical prowess alone. Antithesis Design is a very different beast however, they have a wide range of titles available on the Play Store, with Tractor Pull being one of them, join me as I review this fun-loving title.
Description: Tractor Pull is a game that might remind of you some of the good, old days of the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo. There's no denying that the visuals certainly aren't something from here and now. That's just fine though, because the game looks good and has buckets of charm. The aim of the game is obviously to pull things with your tractor. Whether that be weighted sleds behind you or an all-out tug-of-war with your friends, Tractor Pull lets you do everything you can imagine with a Tractor. You're given a set amount of cash when you first start playing the game, and then your aim is to increase this wad of cash by winning tournaments or facing off against friends.
How it Works: To get started with Tractor Pull, you'll have to head on over to the Play Store and download the game. After that you'll be able to start testing out your skills.
There are a number of choices you can choose from here, including the Garage and the Store. In the Store you can take a look at some of the other Tractors you can buy:
Of course, you'll have to play for a while to be able to afford a better Tractor. One nice touch is that you can always just jump straight into the action by hitting the "Pull" button. This will take you to the main event of the game:
You might think that you can just hit the gas and hope for the best but, you need to use the clutch as well, and then slowly work with the gas and the clutch. Be careful to watch out for overheating! You can also adjust your Tractor through the setup menu:
To anyone who has ever tinkered with an engine, these settings will be appreciated. Each time you start to pull away, you'll want to better than you did the last time:
Be careful not to damage your Tractor, otherwise you'll have to head on over to the Garage and pay a hefty bill. Entering and winning events is what will give you more cash to work with.
There's a lot to explore when playing Tractor Pull, why not pick up the game and try it out for yourself!
Opinion: This is honestly the first time I've come across a game like this but, that's to be expected of a Brit like myself. I quickly learned to love the game and appreciate it for what it is. Which is a low-key game that brings with it buckets of charm and more importantly than anything else; fun gameplay. Far too often, games go for beauty over brains, here Tractor Pull goes for brains, which delivers a fun experience for all.
- Speed (4/5) – Tractor Pull ran fine on a number of devices, and gameplay was smooth and speedy.
- Features (4/5) – If the overall concept pleases you, then you'll be happy to hear that Tractor Pull is a game that's packed with things to do, including tournaments and the ability to play online as well.
- Theme (3.5/5) – It's clear that graphically, Tractor Pull doesn't stand tall above others but, there's a lot of charm here and those that miss the golden days of gaming will love these visuals.
- Overall (4/5) – Tractor Pull is a game that has a few niggles, the controls take a little time to figure out and for some, the concept might be quite foreign but, overall it's a lot of fun and has a lot to offer. This is a game that both kids and big kids will love to play, you might find yourself facing off against your little ones!
- There's a lot to do in the game, including tweaking Tractors, buying new Tractors etc.
- The graphics here will remind anyone of the golden age of gaming, and offer something new and fresh to younger players.
- Tractor Pull is a fairly unique concept in the Play Store, you won't find many games like this out there.
- It's an easy game to play but, a tough game to master.
- Those looking for whizz-bang 3D graphics will have to look elsewhere.
- The concept is definitely not for everyone.
Conclusion: Overall, there's a lot on offer to players of Tractor Pull, it's certainly not a game that everyone will take to, but it's a unique title that definitely offers something different to players. You can tweak tractors, adjust air pressure, buy new tractors and more, making for an incredibly rich experience for those that fall in the love with the concept. Tractor Pull is easy to get to grips with, and offers enough of a challenge for players both young and old to sink their teeth into. If Tractor Pull draws you in with the concept, then stick around because the game only gets better with time, and the more you play, the more you'll find yourself struggling to put your smartphone down.