These days, we spend far too much connected to the world on our smartphones and tablets, so much so that we forget to have fun sometimes. I'm sure that more than a few of you have been staring at your display, flicking through post and after post, but you're not really enjoying yourself, are you? Our smartphones and tablets can be a great way to keep connected with the world but, we also need to lighten up and chill out every once in a while. Read on to see how Footbag Frenzy can give you that little bit of rest your brain deserves.
Description: Footbag Frenzy is essentially the best way to kick around the sack on Android. Sure, it's not like going outside for a few minutes but, let's say that you can't but, you still want that satisfaction of kicking around a hacky sack? Well, in Footbag Frenzy you can play as a number of different characters, including world footbag champion, Honza Weber. There are a variety of tricks you can pull off, including: outside, inside, toe, heel, clipper, half turns, full turns, duck, head, and around the world.
How it Works: To get started, you'll have to head on over to the Play Store and download the game, once you've done that, you'll be able to start playing.
There are a couple of modes to choose from:
If you just want to practice, to get to grips with the controls then you want to play the "Points Game".
The game lets you know how to control your character. For what it's worth, I found this easier to do on my Nexus 7 than on my One X. When you perform a trick, the name and points will appear on the screen, along with a point counter in the top right of the display:
The controls take some time to get used to but, they work well once they become second nature. There are different characters to choose from as well:
The skeleton is really quite cool:
The best thing about the game, is that you can just keep on playing, without having to complete a level or anything like that, giving you the freedom to just chill out, and kick around the sack.
Opinion: When I was quite a bit younger, hacky sack hit my Elementary school and became a sort of overnight fad, there was one problem though. I was awful at it. I was clearly never meant for sports because I've never been good with my feet, as an Englishman who fails at Soccer, I turned to Basketball. I've always loved the idea of just kicking around the sack and so, Footbag Frenzy is a lot of fun to me. It's not without its problems, the controls are especially tricky to get used to but, for the most this little game is a lot of fun.
- Speed (4/5) – Footbag Frenzy ran well on both my Nexus 7 and a number of smartphones, with no issues.
- Features (3/5) – Essentially, there are only two modes to the game, at the heart of it all is the gameplay of kicking around a footbag, which works great – more modes in the future would be great.
- Theme (3.5/5) – The 3D graphics are good here, animation is fluid for the most part. Some higher-resolution textures are needed to make the game look better though.
- Overall (4/5) – Footbag Frenzy has a long way to go but, right now it's a fun game that will help those bus rides and waste away lunch breaks!
- Animation of characters is fluid, if not a little weird-looking at times.
- Themed characters and settings (like the skeleton) is a cool addition.
- Variety of tricks encourages you to try harder to hit them all.
- This is a great game to kill a little bit of time, or spend more time perfecting those tricks.
- Higher-resolution textures are needed to improve graphics.
- Controls have a steep learning curve.
Conclusion: Footbag Frenzy is a game that's not without its issues. For instance, the controls take a long time to get used to. Having said that, it's got a lot of potential to become a great game, right now it's a good game and it's perfect for killing a little bit of time here and there. You can quite happily spend a lot more time with the game if you wish as well, to perfect those tricks. If you're looking for a different type of game to play, then definitely take a look at Footbag Frenzy!