Xperia Tablet Z Up for Pre-Order in India
The Xperia Tablet Z has been a strange device for Sony, it's been out for some time but, it's only just starting to roll out across the globe. For India though, that's a good thing because now the tablet is up for grabs. For the 16GB version of the Tablet Z can be picked up for Rs. 44,990. Take a look at the specs below:
- 10.1-inch HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.2
- 6.9 mm thick and weighs 495g
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 8 MP rear camera with Exmor R for mobile sensor
- 2MP 1080p Superior Auto plus front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL, GPS / GLONASS and NFC
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, up to 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 6000 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
Google No Longer Able to Pay App Developers from July 22nd
There's some strange shake-ups going on in Argentina right now and it looks like Google and app developers in the Play Store will be suffering the brunt of it. The Argentine government are putting more restrictions on currency exchanges in the country which is preventing Google from paying developers with paid apps in Argentina. The final payment to developers will be on July 22nd and apps will be pulled from the store come July 27th. Google have actively encouraged developers to host their apps in a different country, in which they can legally still be paid for their work. One thing's for sure though, Argentina is quickly becoming a hostile place for developers.
Huawei Ascend P2 Launch Cancelled in China?
The Ascend P2 was a device that was announced earlier this year and while wasn't anything to write home about, it was a decent device that could keep up with the times with a 150 mbps LTE connection. Strangely enough those, the Ascend P2 isn't going to be launching in China, or at least that's what sources are saying right now. Apparently, the Ascend P2 isn't launching due to other products offering more than this has, such as the upcoming Ascend P6.
Oppo Find 5 Now Available in Europe
For those Europe, there are a lot of devices that launch in China with decent specs, and a very attractive price tag as well but, they never get to see them. Well, Oppo have solved this problem for us and now the Find 5 is available in Europe for â‚¬399 for 16GB of storage. If you don't remember the device, it's headlining features are a 1080p 5-inch panel, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2GB of RAM. That's not too bad of a price for a device of those specs.
Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3 Launch in India
It seems that Samsung has no problem with producing smartphones of a particular size or shape and with the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3 they've shown the world that size is everything. We say that because, aside from the large displays on offer, there's very little that sets these apart from the rest of the smartphones on the market. Indian readers will be happy to hear that the Galaxy Mega 6.3 is to be going on sale for RS 31,940 and the 5.8 at a more affordable RS 24,900. Take a look at the specs below:
- 5.8-inch qHD (190 x 540) for the Mega 5.8 and 6.3-inch HD ( 1280 x 720 pixels) display for the Mega 6.3
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 1.4 Ghz for the Mega 5.8
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- 7.9mm thick and weighs 199 grams
- 1.5 GB RAM, 16GB Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 3G HSPAï¼‹21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPSï¼‹GLONASS, NFC, MHL
- 3200 mAh battery
HTC One to Launch in India in Coming Week
It's taken some time but, the HTC One is apparently going up for sale in India in the coming week. With the Galaxy S 4 already launched in the region, it looks like HTC have a little catching up to do. The device comes with a 4.7-inch Full HD Display, a Snapdragon 600 CPU, 2GB of RAM and of course, an UltraPixel camera. The device is set to cost RS 42,900. To see what we thought of the One, why not read our review here?
Amazon To Launch Kindle Devices in China come June 7th
Amazon recently made waves when they put up their Kindle Fire line up for pre-order in over 170 countries around the globe but, for China, this has been a long wait. After years of speculation, the Kindle range is set to hit China come June 7th. Kiosks for the Paperwhite Kindle and the Kindle Fire HD have been spotted in a Tesco store in Beijing and they're going to be selling them online as well. If you're in China, are you going to be buying a new Kindle next month?
Lenovo Announce S820 for the Female Market
Lenovo have been making a big name for themselves in the mobile market in China and with this latest release, they finally have a device that women will love to use. Aside from the attractive paint job, the S820 comes with a 4.7-inch, 720p resolution IPS display powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core MT6589 SoC with 1GB RAM. There's 4GB of expandable internal storage as well as a 2,000mAh battery and dual SIM slots. The device is running Android 4.2 and will be available to pre-order from June 2nd. Take a look at the video below for more.
Lava Launch E-Tab XTRON+ with 7-inch display and Android 4.2
Lava are known for their devices in India and now they're launching a new device with Android 4.2 and a 7-inch display. The specifications for this aren't too fantastic but, it's carrying a price tag of just RS 6,990 so it could be a good budget option. Take a look at the specs below to see what you think:
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) capacitive multi-touch IPS display
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor with Mali-400 quad-core GPU
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 2MP rear camera
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- 11.9mm thick and weighs 363 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, Multi-format Video and Audio support
- 3G (via USB dongle), WiFi 802.11 b/g, micro USB port, HDMI v1.4 out
- 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3700 mAh battery
Optimus G Pro Launches Across Asia
The Optimus G Pro is a device that launched in South Korea some time ago and it's now in the US through AT&T. Now, the device is rolling out across all of Asia as well, which will be good news for a lot of our readers. The 5.5-inch smartphone will be launching from the beginning of June in Hong Kong and spreading to places like Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia before the end of the month. If you're unfamiliar with the device, take a look at the specs below:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display (1920—1080 resolution)
- 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2GB or DDR RAM
- 32GB internal storage; Expandable via microSD card slot
- 13MP rear-facing camera; 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 3,140mAh battery
- Android 4.1.2 – Jelly Bean
- 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm dimensions
Nexus 4 Now Available in South Korea
It might look like a strange move but, the Nexus 4 is now available to buy from the South Korean Play Store. You can get both the 8 and 16GB versions, for 399,000 won and 459,000 won, respectively. Google have announced that this is done to better compete with the Galaxy S and iPhone in the region. There's no mention of the recently announced white version so, it's just black right now.
Huawei P6 Teased Ahead of June 18th Reveal
The Huawei P6 is not even released yet but, it looks like they're up to something big. They've recently teased the device, that's said to be just 6.3mm thin on Facebook and they're going to be revealing the device in London come June 18th. This looks like Huawei have something exciting in store for us and I can't wait. Could the Ascend P6 be a device headed for more of a global release?