We’ve been waiting and waiting for the Xperia Z or ZL to be announced for the US. The two devices were announced at CES in January, and we haven’t heard anything official about it being available on US carriers until today. Cincinnati Bell has just released a Press Release about the Xperia ZL going on sale May 1st for $249.99. That’s after rebate and with a two-year equipment agreement.
Keep in mind that this is the same Xperia ZL that Sony is currently selling from their own store as an unlocked device. So it has these specs:
- 5-inch 1920x1080p full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- 13MP camera with Exmor RS for Mobile, HDR video (1080p), Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor-sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Battery STAMINA for improved standby time
- NFC-enabled and Infrared capable
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 2GB RAM
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Compatible network bands: HSPA+ 1,2,4,5,8 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
It should work on HSPA+ with just about any carrier in the world. But of course this one will be locked down to Cincinnati Bell’s network. We also haven’t confirmed whether or not this model still supports the LTE bands, but we don’t think Sony changed that just for this variant of their ZL.
The Xperia ZL is a great looking phone, it’s the little or big brother to the Xperia Z. The reason why we say “little or big” is because it has less features but a bigger battery. The Xperia ZL is not water resistant or dust proof like the Xperia Z is.
So it’s coming May 1st to Cincinnati Bell, how many of you are going to be heading out to your nearby Cincinnati Bell retail store to pick one up? Who’s already ordered their’s from Sony? Let us know in the comments down below.