Who wants to root their new Galaxy S4? There's a new root exploit available for the Snapdragon 600 powered Galaxy S4. It's from the same dev that unlocked all those Motorola bootloaders not to long ago. Please not that this is only for the Snapdragon 600 variant of the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), this will NOT work on the Exynos 5 Octa powered Galaxy S4.
The process is pretty easy, but make sure you read through the instructions before attempting to root your device. And as always, we (Android Headlines) are not responsible if you brick your phone.
- Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
- If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
- Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat". If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "./run.sh".
- Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.
If you have any trouble trying to root your device, head on over to the XDA thread to get help from the community. There are already Galaxy S4 custom ROMs available, one of them is in our custom ROM spotlight coming up later tonight (quick teaser there).
How many of you have rooted your Galaxy S4 already? How many of you actually have your Galaxy S4? For those still waiting on your Galaxy S4, be patient, but you can root yours as soon as you get it and start flashing ROMs. We all do that, especially on non-Nexus phones. Right? Let us know in the comments below how this root method works out for you.