Mid-range phones have been a vert common sight over the last year or so, and for a good reason. It’s hard for manufacturers to put out several high-end phones year, and they shouldn’t. So, once they have their flagship on the market, they can turn some of their attention to the people who can’t afford or don’t want a monstrous high-end phone. LG has released several mid-range devices recently, and for the most part, they have been pretty solid. On Tuesday, the manufacturer confirmed rumors of its next mid-range device, the LG Lucid 2.
The Lucid 2 will be available on Verizon Wireless April 4th for free with a two-year contract. Specs inclue a 4.3-inch qHD display, Android 4.1.2, a Snapdragon S4 processor, and 1GB of RAM. Those aren’t bad specs at all, especially for a device that’s free on contract. For comparison’s sake, the same Snapdragon S4 processor was used in the HTC One X, and it was a flagship, high-end device.
Other features include:
- Large 4.3-inch qHD Advanced High Performance (AH) In-Plane-Switching (IPS) display
- Long-lasting 2,460 mAh Battery
- Androidâ„¢ 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM and 8GB on-board storage
- microSDâ„¢ Memory Card Support: up to 64GB
- Wireless charging capabilities (Wireless Charging Battery Cover sold separately)
- Customizable lock screens
- Advanced Camera Capabilities including Live Shot, Time Catch Shot, Panorama Shot and Cheese Shutter
- Mobile Hotspot to share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- QuickMemo allows users to capture screenshots and add their own personalized commentary or drawings with a finger
- Bluetooth® Version 4.0
LG has certainly been a manufacturer on the rise recently. After the disaster that was the G2x, the company released the Optimus G here in the United States, and it has supposedly been selling very well. The company was also chosen to produce the Nexus 4, which despite some issues on Google’s end, is a fabulous phone, especially for the price.
The Lucid 2 will be available on April 4th from Verizon stores, as well as its website. And as we mentioned before, it’s totally free with a 2-year contract. Do you plan on picking up the Lucid 2? Let us know down in the comments!