Apps have been helping us do things we didn’t think we were first capable of for years now and while there are many guitar tuners out there, few apps can help you delve deeper and allow you to improve yourself. Learning an instrument isn’t easy but, even when you feel like you’ve master those strings there’s so much more you need to become a great player. Chords are the keys to creating melodies and from there you can do whatever you want with that six-string in your hands. Read on to see if Guitar Chord Cracker Pro can help you become a better Guitar player.
Description: Guitar Chord Checker Pro is an app that aims to help you improve your overall skill by analyzing chords and feeding back all the information you could ever want. The app features a Guitar Chord Analyzer and a Guitar Chord Library, as well as the ability to decipher any chord you play and then tell you info on all the notes within it, how they fit on a scale, their intervals and more. Guitar Chord Cracker Pro will also generate and analyze chords for DADGAD, Drop-D, Open-G or any other tuning method that you prefer to use. Overall, there are around 70 different chord types that are recognized by Guitar Chord Checker Pro. If you play other instruments, and not just Guitar, take a look at other apps by the Capell Brothers to see if they have an app for your stringed instrument.
How it Works: To get started with Guitar Chord Cracker Pro, you’ll have to download the app from the Play Store. It’s also a good idea to have your Guitar with you and something to take notes with you if you’re trying to improve.. When you first the app, you’ll be greeted with the familiar neckboard and nothing else, a blank slate if you will:
And you can just tap on the board to place a note, to form a chord:
There are a vast amount of options you can change as well, such as how you want accidentals to appear on screen:
Guitar Chord Cracker Pro can be used as a serious tool to perfect your chords and learn more about them, to select a chord from the vast library which is probably the most useful part of the app. If you’re feeling rusty on your chords or you want to double-check something, the chord library will quickly become your best friend. There are so many chords in here that no matter how experienced you are, you’ll find something useful in here. It can generate around 70 chords from any root in any tuning. Just hit the chord window in the top right to access it:
Once you’ve selected a chord, you’ll see that the finger positioning has changed on the fretboard:
You can also change what appears on the finger dots, depending on how much you know or what you’re used to seeing:
Once you pick what you want them to change to, the fretboard will look a little different:
Hitting the menu button, at the bottom right, will give you access to a whole host of other options:
For instance, you can take a look at a tab diagram of the current chord:
As well as whatever tuning method you want to use:
Opinion: Guitar Chord Cracker Pro is a great app for those looking to better themselves playing the Guitar. I spent a few years trying to learn the Guitar and while I know my way around a six-string I couldn’t push myself past basic chord knowledge. Probably because I didn’t have something like this at hand, when you first start learning the basics like chords, you quickly begin to feel like you can do anything and you start messing around with chords but without proper guidance or analysis – which Guitar Chord Cracker Pro offers – you’ll never learn how to use them creatively.
- Speed (4/5) – There’s nothing slow about Guitar Chord Cracker Pro, it ran great on phones and tablets alike, perfect for budding guitarists with a Nexus 7!
- Features (5/5) – If you’re a guitarist wanting to learn more or, you’re just getting to grips with chords then this is one app that you can’t do without. There’s that much on offer here.
- Theme (4/5) – It could look better, it could look worse but, Guitar Chord Cracker Pro’s theme just works. It’s easy to read and follow.
- Overall (5/5) – Even if you’re a seasoned Guitarist there’s no reason at all not to try this app out, you’ll be surprised how much help it can be.
- Easy to use interface that will be familiar to those that are starting out or those that have been playing for years.
- Vast library of all common chords as well as a wide variety of uncommon chords. It’s a great feature for those starting out, or perfecting the basics.
- Ability to breakdown a chord so much is what will help you understand the basics of putting together that killer melody.
- You can create your own chord, input it into Guitar Chord Cracker Pro and have it tell you all you need to know to create more chords around that, and create your own melodies.
- Ability to listen to chords from a guitar would be brilliant.
- Better use of a tablet’s screen real-estate would be good.
Conclusion: If you’re somebody that’s starting to learn Guitar or you’ve been playing for years, there’s a lot of use you can get out of Guitar Chord Cracker Pro. Experimenters will quickly come to love the app as it can give structure to those cool new chords you just put together in a jam session, and seasoned players will appreciate being able to get back to basics with such a vast information arsenal as this one. It’s not an expensive app by any means and if you’re looking for the perfect pairing of technology to coincide with that six-string of yours, then Guitar Chord Cracker Pro might just be that app.