As we all know, Facebook can never keep their design the same for long. Today, they've just changed up the design of pages on mobile a bit. Facebook has made a few changes which affect normal users and page owners. Here are some of the improvements as outlined in Facebook's blog post this afternoon.
- A cleaner, simpler look, with better Page layouts for mobile viewing
- More relevant information up front so people can see the information they care about most – such as location and photos – at a glance
- Streamlined and prominent ways to interact with Pages, including actions such as Like, Call, Message, and Share, all of which now appear at the top of Pages
For Page owners
- Higher-appearing pinned posts, where admins can pin important posts (including offers or videos) from their desktops; these posts are now front and center when Pages are accessed on mobile devices
- Easier mobile management, allowing Pages owners the ability to easily switch between public and admin views directly from their mobile Pages/devices
As you can see in the image above, the pages do look a bit different now. They do appear to have the cards UI that Google has been using quite a bit of lately. Maybe Facebook has seen how great it looks and has started to use it themselves? Who knows but it'll definitely look good on our Android phones and tablets.
Facebook has said that the changes are now in the updated iOS app. The company said that the new mobile pages are coming to the Android app soon. So who knows when that'll be. But hopefully it won't be to far away. Facebook also states that if you're a Facebook Page owner there is nothing you need to do to prepare for these updates, but they do stress that it's important to keep information on your page as up-to-date as possible.
So what does everyone think of the new design of the mobile version of Facebook pages? Let us know in the comments down below.