AOKP Hit’s Another Milestone
Today, AOKP released another build, and it’s available for the Nexus family right now and will coming to more devices in the coming hours. AOKP is announcing a new release schedule for builds. They’ve also released the AOKPush in the Play Store to keep track of all the latest builds. The official changelog for this build is on its way soon.
Galaxy S4 in Europe Getting New Hub apps and More
For the European launch of the Galaxy S4, Samsung is doing a Need for Speed Giveaway, and also adding some new hub apps. As if you didn’t need any more bloat on your Galaxy S4, right?
Whatsapp Hits 200 million Active Users
This is an amazing number for Whatsapp. Not only have they reached 200 million active users, but they have more active users than Facebook and Twitter. Probably primarily for being available on just about every platform.
Galaxy Note 8.0 Coming in Red and Gray?
Outlook.com App Gets Updated
Microsoft’s outlook.com app for Android finally got updated and moved away from Donut. That’s right, the initial release of outlook looked like it was released in the Donut or Eclair era of Android. It also adds it’s Metro UI and gets rid of the menu button, You can grab it on the Play Store now.
LG Optimus Zone Heading to Verizon
The LG Optimus Zone is heading to Verizon as an entry-level device. It’s actually the LG Optimus L3, but we all know Verizon has to rename it. The device is supposedly running Gingerbread as well.
Falcon Pro Gets updated
Today Falcon Pro got update with a nice little changelog. Here’s the full changelog from the Play store:
– New : *Starred Users* Inline Articles preview with offline access (enabled for all Starred Users that you follow)
– New : *Starred Users* Individual notifications (disabled by default)
– New : *Starred Users* Offline access
– New : translations (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Polish & Norwegian. More to come)
– Improved : Image loading speeds, now with progress bar
Ting Account Management App Launches
Some of you may have heard of Ting, it’s a Sprint MVNO. Today they’ve launched their own app where you can check your account. See how much minutes, text, data, etc. is left for your billing cycle. You can grab it from the Play Store.
Press Gets an Update
Today, Press also got a nice update. Here’s the full changelog from Google Play:
What’s in this version:
– Widgets! (small and large)
– Horizontal or vertical swiping between articles (check Settings)
– Readability integration
– Quick actions when long-pressing article links
– Long press any article in the list to quickly star, share, mark all below as read, or mark all above as read
– In-app browser mobilization (Readability, Instapaper, and Google)
– LOTS of bug fixes, tweaks, and performance enhancements