The HTC One hasn't been out long, and it's not even out in the US until next week. But there are already great ROMs popping up for the device. Today's ROM is Android Revolution HD which is by Mike1986. Back in the day when I had the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile, I used to run his Android Revolution HD ROM's and they were great. So I thought I'd share this one with all the potential HTC One owners. It's Android 4.1.2 and Sense 5.0.
- Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Snapdragon 600 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions - Thanks to koush)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- ZRAM ready!
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom one
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support
- Support almost 24h a day
- ...and many more!
How To Install
- Download ROM and place it on your virtual SD card
- Flash boot.img from the downloads section
- Boot your phone in recovery mode (vol down + power)
- In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of Android Revolution ROM
- You can use data wiping option in AROMA (optionally if coming from earlier version of my ROM, obligatory if coming from stock or other custom ROM)
- After flashing process is complete, reboot the device
- HTC One
- HTC One X
- HTC One X+
- HTC Sensation/XE
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Desire HD
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- ASUS Transformer
Android Revolution HD is a well known ROM for those that have used GSM versions of HTC devices in the past 2 years. As you can see listed above he supports quite a few of their devices. It's a great ROM and I'm sure all the new HTC One users will love it when they pick up their HTC One next week.
What ROM are you currently running? Give it a shoutout down below and it might be in the spotlight next week.