Last night, Galaxy S4 news was flying fast and furiously. We heard which carriers would be carrying the Galaxy S4 for the US and Canada. But there were a few Canadian carriers that were left out. Today, four more Canadian carriers have confirmed they will have the Galaxy S4. Those include Mobilicity, Wind, Videotron, and Sasktel. As usual, pricing and release dates were left out. We should start seeing the Galaxy S4 available anytime after April 25th, which is when its launching in the UK on various carriers and retailers.
Here's the official announcement and carrier list:
Today, we are excited to announce the launch of the Samsung GALAXY S 4. The fourth generation of the GALAXY S introduces a device with sleek and innovative features that allows users to bring their worlds together all on one smartphone.
Samsung GALAXY J will be available from Q2 in Canada from Bell, Eastlink, Fido, Koodoo, Mobilicity, Rogers, Sasktel, TELUS, Videotron, Virgin Mobile and Wind Mobile and their authorized channels. Further details will be released closer to Canadian availability.
So it appears that Samsung might have undersold themselves when they said the Galaxy S4 is coming to 327 mobile operators. But then maybe not. The Galaxy S4 is hitting 11 Canadian carriers, and at least 6 US carriers. As soon as we find out what other carriers the Galaxy S4 is heading too, we'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime you can check out all the specs of the Galaxy S4:
- 5-inch 1080p displayHD Super AMOLED Display 440PPI
- 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon Processor S4 Pro/Exynos 5 Octa for the International Version
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage; Expandable via MicroSD card up to 64GB
- 13MP camera on the back, 2MP on the front
- 4G LTE: Cat 3 100/50mbps (up to hexa band)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- IR LED (remote control like in the HTC One)
- MHL 2.0
- 2600mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 - Jelly Bean
- Available in White Frost and Black Mist
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 136.6mm x 7.9mm
- Weighs 130g
Some pretty hefty specs there. How many of you are itching to get your hands on the Galaxy S4? Let us know in the comments down below.