Nobody knows when it started but, for some time now, we've had an obsession with the changing weather in our daily lives. We always want to know just what the weather's like wherever we are and we want to know right away. There's social elements to this as well - we all talk about the weather - but, there's hardly a decent outlet for people to share their good weather photos. With Insta PhotoWeather HD, you can share photos of whatever weather you're enjoying or suffering with a whole community on Facebook and Twitter. Read on to see what the app is all about.
Description: Insta PhotoWeather HD is an app that gets people sharing photos of the weather all over the world and the more you share, the more people will take notice. The app is a relatively simple affair, leaving you to appreciate the weather without any hassle. Once you take a snap of the weather where you are, it gets uploaded and it's then shared across their Facebook and Twitter profiles.
How it Works: To get started with Insta PhotoWeather, you'll have to go over to the Play Store and get the app downloaded. After that you'll see the main menu of the app, which will take you through everything you need to do to get the app working:
That really is as simple as it gets, you just have to snap a photo and then you can choose where to put the forecast. So, let's take a snap of sleepy Pinxton, a rural village in the middle of England.
So, as you can see there is some information and a time stamp, which is pretty cool. Not only that but swiping to the left or to the right will select a new skin. Which will put the information you want people to see in a different place on your photo. Making sure that when the photo is shared, people will see the info.
You can keep changing the orientation until you get it just right:
You can hit the bottom right and tweak some settings, such as font color, which again ensures the forecast of your photo will be seen properly once it's been shared across the web:
That's it! Once you share the photo, you should be able to see it on PhotoWeather's Twitter and Facebook pages, be sure to follow them if you like the app!
Opinion: I've never liked Instagram too much, I'm not sure why as I've been taking photos through many a lens for years now. There's something a little less intrusive about Insta PhotoWeather however, and the purpose is clear and straightforward - to take photos of where you are and what sort of weather you're enjoying . When it comes to landscape photography, the weather is perhaps what makes the biggest difference to anything we take. Rain, blinding sun, snow, fog are all manners in which to make a photo look better and with Insta PhotoWeather you have an outlet in which to get those photos out there. For those that travel a lot or go on holiday to exotic places, you'll have a lot of fun sharing those wonderful snaps.
- Speed (4/5) - The app is perfectly fast enough and I had a lot of fun using it, it's very speedy.
- Features (4/5) - It's a simple app that has a simple function in mind but, it's a refreshing take on our obsession with the weather.
- Theme (5/5) - Insta PhotoWeather has some good-looking controls and overall layout, it looks good on a number of devices.
- Overall (4/5) - This is a great way to share photos of a brilliant sunset, a foggy morning or a rainy evening in the city. The choice is yours!
- Simple and easy-to-use, doesn't take long to figure out at all.
- If your photo is good enough, it'll be shared throughout their social media.
- It's a great way to show off those holiday pictures from the mediterranean.
- No matter what weather you're experiencing, you can show it off with Insta PhotoWeather.
- It's a little unclear as to when the photos appear on their Twitter or Facebook feeds.
- A copy for yourself with geotagging would be great.
Conclusion: Insta PhotoWeather HD is certainly a different app and while it runs pretty close to instagram it manages to carve its own path and if you're used to taking a lot of photos of good-looking landscapes in varying weather, this is an app for you to try out. The photos are shared throughout their media and you can always pick them up and pass them on to family and friends. There's a lot to love about the app and the more you use it, the more you should get out of the app as well. Definitely an app to recommend to other as well.