We now live in the day where there is no longer unlimited data, at least for most people. Which is truly unfortunate with LTE and everything you can do on your phone nowadays. But in Android 4.0, the Android team announced a new feature that we are all going to love. That is data usage. You can now track your data usage, see which app is using all your data and you can also restrict background data. Now what about those of us still on unlimited data, that are getting data usage notifications? They are NOT from your carrier, but from Android. And here's how you can change that.
How to Change your Data Usage Threshold
1. Turn on & Unlock your device
2. Go into settings
3. Tap on "Data Usage" under Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
4. Now you'll see a graph of your data usage, along with a list of apps that are using your data.
5. The orange bar (on mine that says 25GB) you can drag that up or down to change your threshold.
How to restrict background Data
1. From the Data Usage screen, tap on the app you want to restrict background data for
2. Tap the check box next to the "Restrict Background data"
Now you can take charge of your data usage and keep from getting overage charges from your carriers. Which is something that you don't want. If you're still on unlimited data, this is how you can keep from getting that notification all the time.