So you’ve set up your brand new Android device already, and now you want to add widgets to the home screens of your new device. Well as always Android Headlines is here to help. Today, we’ll be showing you how to add widgets to your home screens. It’s actually quite simple, but it is a little different in Android 4.0 and above compared to Android 2.3 – Gingerbread.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
How to Add Widgets to your Home Screen
1. Turn on your device and unlock it if needed
2. Open the App Drawer
3. Tap the “widgets” at the top, it’ll be to the right of the “Apps” as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Now swipe over to the widget you want
5. Next you’ll tap and hold that widget and move it to the home screen you want it on.
6. Once you’ve got the widget where you want it, let go. Then you’re done.
How to Add Widgets to the Home Screen on your HTC device
1. Turn on and unlock your device if needed
2. Long-press the home screen in which you want to add a widget to, you should then see this screen:
3. Swipe right or left to find the widget you wish to add
4. Then grab the widget and move it to the home screen you desire
5. Once you’re there, just let go of the widget and you’re done.
That’s just how easy it is to add widgets to your home screen. Now that you know how to add widgets, it’s time to continue customizing your new Android device. Next we’ll be exploring how to change ringtones, move your data usage limit, and much more. So make sure you stay tuned.