Often when we want to play games on our smartphones, some of the best games are those based on activities or sports we can’t always play when we’d like. There’s a reason why Madden games are so popular, we’re not all stellar football players but, that doesn’t mean we don’t still love the sport. Bowling is one of those things that’s not really a lot of fun without your friends and, if gathering your friends together to go hit the lanes is too much hassle than you’re going to need to get your fix somehow. With PBA Bowling Challenge you can go bowling wherever you want, read on to see if this will satisfy your cravings.
Description: PBA Bowling Challenge is a 3D bowling game that lets you experience bowling on the small screen wherever and whenever you are. There’s easy, touch-based controls to use and an innovative way to control spin on the ball. You can customize your bowling ball and you embark on a bowling career that will hopefully take you to the top of the game. There’s a lot to love about the game and if you love bowling, you’re going to really enjoy PBA Bowling Challenge, read on to find out just why. Take a look at the trailer below to see more of PBA Bowling Challenge
How it Works: To get started with PBA Bowling Challenge, you’ve got to go and install the game from the Play Store and then you’ll be ready to hit the lanes. First off, this is the main menu you’ll see once installing the game:
The main part of the game is of course, the Career mode and what’s really nice about PBA Bowling Challenge is that it takes you through everything step-by-step before getting into the leagues.
The introduction part of PBA Bowling Challenge serves to get you familiar with the controls and how to play the game. On the control side of things, it’s pretty straightforward, you slide the ball left or right to position and then swipe forward to bowl. The way you control spin however, is pretty fun:
Once you’ve played a few frames, you’re ready to hit the leagues and face your first tournament. Entering into tournaments will cost you energy – which you can always monitor through the green bar at the top of the display – and you’ll have to watch that you don’t run out of it too quickly.
With all that said and done, you’re ready to bowl! It’s a lot of fun and the lanes look nice and shiny to hammer those balls down!
Speaking of balls, there are a lot to choose from and will cost in-game currency – you can see how much currency you have to the right of your energy bar at the top of the display – of particular interest are the special balls.
With PBA Bowling Challenge there’s a whole host of different looking clubs you’ll be sent to play.
Each and every time you complete a tourney, you’re given a result and a differing payout depending on how well you do.
Opinion: I’ve long thought that these are the best kind of games for mobile devices, there’s little need to learn a strange or awkward control scheme and it’s very easy to pick up and play whenever you like. PBA Bowling Challenge has some good-looking graphics on offer and it looks great. I actually enjoy bowling and so I was happy to sit down and give PBA Bowling Challenge a run-through and it’s a really fun game, to be able to customize and choose different balls – including fun power-ups – was great for me as I play with a heavier, more powerful ball.
- Speed (4/5) – There were no slowdowns while playing the game and it felt like watching – but playing – a bowling match on TV.
- Features (5/5) – You’d think that there couldn’t be much to a bowling game but PBA Bowling Challenge has it all and to customize and choose different balls is a great touch.
- Theme (4/5) – The graphics here are good – not great – and everything looks really good and acts like you’d think it would for a bowling game.
- Overall (5/5) – Bowling for me is a lot of fun and to get a little fix on the go is a real boon, it’s a very fun game and one that you’ll really enjoy – well worth a shot.
- Fun power-up balls make for some tactical play.
- Tournament format of games gives an authentic feel.
- Spin has a real effect on the game, and is implemented well.
- Good-looking graphics.
- It’s not all-you-can-eat and when you run out of juice you have to cough up for more – it’s not pricey though.
- Have to wait for more “powerful” bowling balls to get any real speed down the lanes.
Conclusion: PBA Bowling Challenge is a really fun game, no matter how you cut it, and for those that really enjoy bowling it’s a brilliant game to try out. Throughout my use of the game I had a lot of fun and found it quite challenging – just what you want in a bowling game – and I found myself trying to do better and better each time around. For those looking for a fun new game to try out, this is a great candidate and for big fans of bowling, this is a no-brainer. Go ahead and give it a go now!