We've been getting to grips with physics based games for years now and thanks to Angry Birds we've been mentally calculating angles and speed without even knowing about it. Throwing Birds into Pigs is fun and all but sometimes you need something with a little more danger in it, something that has a little more risk involved. There's no better way to play with Physics than with raw horsepower, with Bike Extreme you'll be tasked with mastering Physics and making sure your rider doesn't crash and get seriously hurt. Read on to see if Bike Extreme is a game you'd want to play.
Description: Bike Extreme Free is a free game from the folks over at Gametop and it's based around making sure you keep your cool when guiding our crazy rider over - and through - obstacles. You've got get speed and balance just right in order to get through the levels quickly and without any more crashes. With a whole host of unique levels that come with unique obstacles to drive through and over there's a lot to be made aware of and a lot for you to master! Take a look at the video below to see more:
How it Works: To get started with Bike Extreme, you'll have to head over to the Play Store to get the game installed. From then on you're ready to rock 'n' roll!
First thing's first: you're going to need to know how to control the bike throughout the levels, thankfully, the game has you covered and easily explains the controls:
Once you understand the controls, you can get started playing the game. There are a lot of levels to play through and you start off with something simple, but not too boring:
Things start off easy enough in order to get you familiar with the game controls but as you progress things get a little more tricky. There are coins along the way on each level, and the more you collect, the higher your rating will be at the end of the level:
It all looks a little "pedestrian" at first but the more time you spend in the game, the more fun you'll have and especially when you come across obstacles such as these:
You can see how many coins you've collected at the top as you go through the levels and the more coins you get, the higher a rating you'll receive at the end of the game. Similar to the Angry Birds formula, you'll want to try each level over and over in a bid to get those three stars:
Opinion: Bike Extreme is a very fun app and if you've got any fondness for Motocross this is a great game for you to try out and will be one to play over and over again. The variety of obstacles and levels really help to make the game feel unique and crashing through stuff is always fun, no matter how you cut it. Games that involve a simple game mechanic are often ones that keep me playing for long periods of time and this is no different, it was hard to Put Bike Extreme down at times.
- Speed (4/5) - There were no slowdowns when using the game and Bike Extreme had great pacing for a motocross type game.
- Features (3/5) - You could say that the game is a little light on features but what it does offer, it does very well, indeed.
- Theme (3/5) - Graphics are perhaps not a strong point of Bike Extreme but, they are detailed enough for you to enjoy the crazy obstacles and surroundings.
- Overall (4/5) - I know I had a lot of fun while playing the game and it's easily recommended to others.
- Fun and unique obstacles to tackle on each level.
- Easy to use control system, will be easy for young and old to pick up and play.
- Crashing through stuff is always a lot of fun, and is well represented here.
- Tilt controls would be nice but, the button arrangement is easy enough once you get used to it.
- Being told of "more free games" while actually playing is a little annoying.
Conclusion: Bike Extreme is a great game to give a go and even if you're not too big on your motocross, this is something to give a go. For young and old alike it's easy to play and while the controls might take some time to get used to, they work well and don't hinder too much when playing. Bike Extreme comes with a wide variety of levels to play through and with a lot of levels to tackle, it's definitely worth taking a look at. Oh, did we mention that it's free? You've got nothing to lose giving this app a go!