Strategy games are often a lot of fun but they can sometimes come with little or no character. Either that or there's too much going on in the background and the game forgets its strategic roots. There's a lot to love about Strategy games and when the balance between character and game mechanics is just right, you can end up with a real winner on your hands. Read on to find out if Battle Alert - Red Uprising is a game that has the right mix of character and gameplay mechanics.
Description: Battle Alert - Red Uprising will throw you in at the deep-end of a raging war against a despotic government. You'll have to build up units and grow your strength on the battlefield in order to have any hope of overthrowing the evil tormentors. Throughout the game you'll be given upgrades and new weaponry to continue your assault on the enemy. In order to become successful when playing the game you will have to create your own impregnable fortress and keep it safe.
Opinion: When we talk about strategy games we're often bogged down with speak of gameplay mechanics and difficulties and the such but with Battle Alert, it's just a whole lot of fun. The game still plays like a strategy title but it doesn't feel like one, it's a fun game that will make you think but you'll never realize that you're playing a strategy game. It's the combination of character and gameplay mechanics that make Battle Alert a very fun game to play, indeed.
How it Works: To get started with your conquest in Battle Alert, you'll need to install the game from the Play Store. Once that's done, you can go ahead and start playing the game.
There's a great tutorial in Battle Alert that'll help you get to grips with the game, it covers a lot of the basics like how to control units and how to use them to attack:
From then on the tutorial will help you build more defenses for your base, to keep your army strong and to keep enemies at bay.
What's great about this tutorial is that it will show you just how to deploy troops in a battle situation:
After each mission you complete, you're given a score and some loot to help you out with further missions.
- Speed (4/5) - There were no slowdowns playing the game and for a strategy game it had a very good pace to it as well.
- Featured (5/5) - Battle Alert comes with a lot of added features that make it feel less of a strategy game and more like a regular game that's a lot of fun.
- Theme (4/5) - While some of the landscapes are bare the units and buildings have real character and look really good.
- Overall (4/5) - Strategy games are a lot of fun but often they can be a chore to get started with, Battle Alert has it all and it's a great game to pick up and play.
- Great tutorial to help you get started.
- Variety of units helps to destroy enemies quicker.
- You get to choose when to move on to the next level.
- Some landscapes look a little bare.
- Poor English translations can be a turnoff.
Conclusion: When playing Battle Alert I was thinking that this would be the perfect strategy game for those that hadn't played them before and I'm sure that newcomers to the genre would agree. It's a brilliant way to get started with strategy games and there's enough unique flare to the game to keep you playing for some time to come. I only wish that there were a little more variety in the levels and there was a tad more to do. Other than that I would definitely recommend the game to a lot of users. If you haven't installed the game already, go ahead and give it a go!