The WiFi Galaxy Note 10.1 in the U.S. has already been updated to the latest version of Android, with the 4.1.2 software update. It goes without saying, the latest update added all the Jelly Bean goodness that is packaged right along with Android 4.1.2. In addition, the update also brings Samsung's Premium Suite to the tablet, which provides a more robust feature set like enhanced multi-window functionality, Air View features and Samsung's Quick Command.
Well, Samsung is now pushing out the same firmware update to the International Galaxy Note 10.1. There's only one drawback, currently the update is only available for Wi-Fi variants of the tablet in Germany. The exact model number of the supported device is GT-N8010.
If you are lucky enough to be included in that demographic, you can download and install the newest update through Kies or OTA.
Everyone else will just have to wait, but this essentially means that a more widescale update will roll out soon. This update comes hot on the heels of a recent 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S II. It certainly seems like Samsung is on the ball here, or at least more so than a lot of other manufacturers out there.
Samsung Premium Suite Package
As for those of you who are late to the party, we've talked about the Premium Suite update before. Samsung announced it late in December of last year, showing off new features that were coming to the original Galaxy Note. Some of the features included in the Premium Suite update for the original Galaxy Note include the following:
- Multi-Window Browsing: Galaxy Note multi-tasking at its finest with pop up windows that work simultaneously with other apps and tasks. You can write notes while in the middle of a call, watch video while you're browsing the internet, or even respond to a text message while you're in the middle of doing something else.
- Popup Note
- Popup Video
- Popup Browser
- Photo Note/Photo Frame: Just like with traditional print photos, you can now record handwritten messages on your digital photos thanks to a new photo frame feature. The information is then displayed right along with the picture when you're browsing your image gallery.
- Easy Clip: This is a relatively new feature that allows you to crop or trim an image, from within any screen on the device, to save or share via social networks. It also implements a remarkable feature that allows you to draw a line across text in order to select it; this will be extremely convenient if you copy and paste a lot on your Galaxy Note.
- Paper Artist: This offers more traditional photo editing features with a robust variety of filters and alterations. The real surprise is that you can actually edit photos by drawing on them directly in freehand. You can trace edges in various colors, add stamps or sketch the whole picture entirely. This feature will be perfect for all those artsy fartsy types out there.
- Handwriting for S Planner/Email: Just like with Photo Note, you can also leave handwritten notes in your emails, and play around with S Planner. The sample image shows some hand-drawn reminders plastered all over the S Planner calendar. In addition, you can also send handwritten memos to yourself via email, as well.
- Enhanced S Note: S Note has been fleshed out a little more with brand new effects and editing templates. There is also a new Sketch effect that can be used with personal photos and images. You simply select a color with the new Color Picker and then you can draw directly on images with it.
You can expect to see a lot of these enhancements and features on the rest of the Galaxy line with the current Jelly Bean updates as it seems that Samsung is including the Premium Suite in the package. Of course, keep in mind that some of these features already exist on the Galaxy Note 10.1 so the new update essentially just adds improvements and enhancements in some areas.
Tell Us About Your New Software Update!
If you've been able to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, then please let us know how it is in the comments below!