When it comes to Android we all love updates even when it is a bit behind the latest and greatest, especially for those who aren't able to root or 'hack' their devices. I can only imagine your excitement when updates are rolled out . This update is for the Samsung Galaxy Note, which back in spring received Android 4.0 and "new TouchWiz apps as part of the phone's first 'premium suite' software upgrade."
As of today, news released that the second edition of premium suite will bring the Note right along with the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. That is definitely great news! This was confirmed on "Samsung's Galaxy Note micro-site," which also confirms that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be coming to the Note 2. Even though this is a few updates behind the latest Android release, it's great to see updates being released to older devices.
With the update new features will include:
- Multi-window or full-screen multitasking
- Perform multiple tasks at the same time with no transitions.
- Popup Note/Video/Browser
- Instantly write down directions, phone numbers, or any other important information while in call. Popup Note will open no more than you pull your S Pen or double tap the screen.
- Photo Note/Photo frame
- Make your memories even more personal by putting handwritten notes on the front or back.
- Easy clip
- Crop an image or share you screen with easy to do actions.
- Paper Artist
- Provides a variety of picture editing effects for users to enhance photo editing experience.
- Handwriting with S Planner/Email
- Personalize your emails and planner with your own handwriting either to self as reminder memos or to a special friend or loved one.
- Enhanced S Note
- New templates and effects have been added.
There is no timeline yet as to when this update will start rolling out, but with CES in the very near future it should be very soon, especially with Android 4.1.2 updates rolling out to other devices already. We look forward to such an update as I'm sure many owners out there do as well. Are there any original Galaxy Note users who are excited for this update?