There are a lot of games out there on Android that have you creating something. Often it's a city-building simulator or something like that and a lot of the time it has something to do with making things better and improving stuff. But what if you just want to have fun? to build something that's just a whole lot of fun? Well, with Prehistoric Park, you're given the chance to go back in time and be the first person in History to build a Theme Park - cool, right? Read on to see just how much Prehistoric Park is.
Description: Prehistoric Park is a game that has a lot of promise for those that love to build things. If you've ever played on Theme Park World or Zoo Tycoon in the past then you are going to love this. If you have kids that haven't played those games then you owe it to them to let them play this game. Prehistoric Park will let you take control of your own theme park set in 50,000 BC and as you can imagine there are all sorts of fun rides that any Caveperson would love. There's so much that you can do in the game and it's all wrapped up well, read on to find out more.
How it Works: Whilst playing Prehistoric Park, you're tasked with giving Cavepeople a place to have fun, taking them from this:
If you're up to the challenge then you'll be greeted with a light tutorial which will tell you how to get started. Which is really pretty helpful, especially those that are new to this type of game.
As you start to build your park, you'll notice a few things around the top of the screen - the top left shows you the average happiness in a percentage and how many people are in the park. On the top right you'll see how many silver coins you have as well as how many gold coins you have. As you can, the ride above is a simple swing, but it needs to be connected to a path. Paths are pretty important as they can channel your customers around your park to your best rides.
Each time you add something to the park, you're given XP for it, which it turn helps you level up and the more you level up the more goodies you unlock for your Theme Park:
One of the best things that will happen to your park in the first few hours of play, is that you can expand your Theme Park to bring more rides and more people in.
As you run through the game there are achievements that you unlock as you progress. You can share these achievements to Facebook and Twitter. As well as this, there is a big social element to the game and you can even rate other people's Theme Parks, which is a really great incentive to keep building up your park.
Opinion: I think that Prehistoric Park is a brilliant game for young and old alike - hell, I thought it was a whole lot of fun. Back in the day I was hooked on Caesar III and Zoo Tycoon, with Prehistoric Park I can experience a little nostalgia at the same time as playing some different to what I normally would play on. There are a whole lot of features in Prehistoric Park that enable you to create a theme park that is very much your own. It's also a game that you can play with the kids - which I think there need to be on Android.
- Speed (4/5) - The game runs well and the pacing is suited well to the style of gameplay involved.
- Features (4/5) - Prehistoric Park has all of the staples of a building game and some really nice added bonuses as well. Definitely a game for those that love simulators.
- Theme (5/5) - The setting and the overall look and feel of the game made it more fun than I thought it would be and really got me interested in building my park up.
- Overall (4/5) - Prehistoric Park has a hell of a lot going for it and I really enjoy it, it's easy to play and quite addictive as well - especially when you get more space to expand the park.
- More on offer than you begin to think, Prehistoric Park encourages you to think on what to do next.
- A lot of rides and everything else to make a great park is included.
- This might sound strange but, building paths was really easy and almost fun.
- Watching Cavepeople explore your little theme park is pretty funny.
- Prehistoric Park comes with a wide array of sound effects to bring it all alive.
- We wish that gold coins were earned easier throughout the game.
- Buildings can sometimes take a long time to finish being built.