AT&T Galaxy S2 update includes Android 4.0.4 and Google App Updates
Today users of the Samsung Galaxy S2 on AT&T got an update to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. The update is available via OTA and Kies. It's a small bump from Android 4.0.3 and also includes some updates to Google apps.
ZTE Nubia Z5 Available today
ZTE's new Nubia Z5 flagship phone with 1080p display and a quad-core processor went on sale today. It's a pretty powerful device coming from ZTE. It'll be interesting to see how well this does in sales.
ZeptoLab releases Pudding Monsters
As a follow up to Cut the Rope, today ZeptoLab introduced Pudding Monsters. It's available right now on the Google Play Store for those interested.
T-Mobile adds 4G HSPA+ on the 1900MHz band in 14 more Metro Areas
Today T-Mobile continued with their refarming of the 1900MHz band. They have launched 4G HSPA+ on the 1900MHz band in 14 additional cities and metro areas:
- New York, including The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island
- Newark, N.J., including the surrounding cities of East Orange, Elizabeth, Jersey City, North Bergen, Paterson and Union City
- Boston and Cambridge, Mass., including the surrounding cities of Amherst, Andover, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Burlington, Canton, Chelmsford, Chelsea, Chicopee, Dedham, Everett, Framingham, Hadley, Holbrook, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lexington, Lowell, Ludlow, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Medford, Melrose, Metheun, Milton, Nahant, Natick, Needham, Newton, Quincy, Reading, Revere, Salem, Saugus, Sommerville, Stoneham, Swampscott, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Weston, Westwood, Weymouth, Wilmington, Winchester, Winthrop and Woburn
- Springfield, Mass.
- Providence, R.I., including the surrounding cities of Cranston, North Providence, Pawtucket and Warren
- Detroit and Warren, Mich., including the surrounding cities of Dearborn, Romulus, Royal Oak, Sterling Heights and Troy
- Dallas, including the surrounding cities of Arlington, Carrolton, The Colony, Denton, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, McKinney, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett and Southlake
- Fort Worth, Texas, including the surrounding cities of Keller and Mansfield
- Austin, Texas including the surrounding city of Round Rock
- San Antonio
- Tampa, Fla., including the surrounding cities of Clearwater, Largo, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg and Vinoy Park
Verizon launches LTE in 29 more Markets
In addition to T-Mobile launching HSPA+ in 14 new markets, Verizon announced they have launched LTE in 29 additional markets today:
- Stark County, Ohio
- Lewiston-Auburn, Maine
- Bangor, Maine
- Dayton, Ohio
- Zainesville, Ohio
- Toledo, Ohio
- Lima, Ohio
- Vinton County, Ohio
- Youngstown-Warren, Ohio
- Cleveland and Akron, Ohio
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Eureka, California
- Bakersfield, California
- Menominee, Michigan
- Northern Kentucky
- Peru, Illinois
- Charleston, West Virginia
- and more
Meizu MX2 Goes on sale in China Today
Today, the Meizu MX2 went on sale in China for just $389. It's supposed to be taking on some tough competition from Huawei, and ZTE. It's a 4.4-inch display with Android 4.1, 2GB of RAM and the 1.6GHz Exynos quad-core processor from Samsung.