While the Nexus 4 is stealing the thunder away from other phones coming out soon, Sprint announced today that the LG Optimus G is available to pre-order for $199 on a two year contract or eligible upgrade.
For users who are on Sprint and upset that the Nexus 4 lacks LTE, then the Optimus G is definitely for you. Essentially, the hardware is very similar and the biggest difference is simply the design. One downside however is it will be shipping with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, though if you can wait, there will likely be an upgrade to 4.1.2 very soon.
That does make us wonder if it’ll be getting Android 4.2 at all, but if you’re someone that likes to root your phone and throw on a custom ROM, getting access to 4.2 in the following months shouldn’t be a problem.
Here’s a recap of the specs:
- 4.7 inch IPS Plus LCD at 1280 x 720 with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage with no microSD card slot
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2,100 mAh battery with up to 13 hours of talk time
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
One extra goodie that will be thrown in with the LG Optimus G is 50GB of free cloud storage from Box. Not bad at all. If you’re interested in picking up the Optimus G on Sprint, you can head here to pre-order.