Today we've got some Android 4.1.2 goodness for our readers still running the Galaxy S2 - i9100. It appears that firmware I9100XXLSJ has been leaked for the device and is Android 4.1.2, this is the first Jelly Bean leak for the Galaxy S2 and is very stable according to reports. According to Sammobile:
Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- New TouchWiz Nature UX (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
So not really anything we didn't expect, right? This is not available via OTA or from Kies (we know, we know, but we had to say it).
Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Build Date: 6th November 2012Download: I9100XXLSJ/I9100OXXLS1/I9100XXLS6
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
- Add I9100XXLSJ_ I9100OXXLS1_I9100XXLS6_HOME.tar to PDA
- Add Modem / Phone file
- Add CSC
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
Any Galaxy S2 owners out there ready to give this leak a try? Let us know how it works out for you in the comments below.