We see a lot of new smartphones and tablets on a consistent basis, and cameras too, but Android powered cameras? Not so much. There are a few out there, but what Samsung has managed to do with their Galaxy Camera is quite different.
With a 16.3 megapixel sensor, quad-core processor, and 4.8 inch rear-display, it's a camera like you've never seen before. For those in the UK, you can order the Galaxy Camera now through a couple online retailers.
Even though the Samsung Galaxy Camera has 3G and 4G onboard, it doesn't appear that you'll buy one from a carrier directly, at least not yet. However, if you want mobile data, it'll probably be like setting up a new phone, just without the whole phone thing.
It'll be interesting to see how well this camera does and it could just create an entirely new market for digital cameras. If you happened to miss the specs, you can give them a browse below:
- 1/2.3â€³ BSI CMOS sensor with 16.3 megapixels
- Can shoot full 1080p HD video
- ISO 100-3200
- 4.7 inch HD Super Clear Touch Display (308ppi)
- 1.4GHZ Exynos quad-core processor
- 8GB internal storage with MicroSD card slot
- WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, and 4G connectivity
- HDMI out
- 1650mAh battery with battery life reported up to 7 hours
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Complete access to Google Play Store
- Frame weighs just 0.67 pounds