SuperSU gets updated for Android 4.2
Today SuperSU got updated to support multi-user features that are included in Android 4.2, this is a root app. So if you aren't one that roots your device, you probably don't need to worry about it.
AT&T bringing LTE to even more markets
Today, AT&T continued its LTE roll out, bringing 4G LTE to users in Daytona Beach, Florida; York, PA, and Milwaukee, WI. Users in those areas should start experiencing much faster speeds.
Nexus 4 and 10; Not launching in Belgium and Netherlands
Due to the overwhelming demand of the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 in other parts of the world, users in Belgium and Netherlands won't be able to get the Nexus 4 or 10.
Sprint 4G LTE coming to more cities in "coming months"
Today Sprint announced 4G LTE coming to 9 more cities soon:
- Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Oakland/Freemont and Hayward, California
- Key West, Florida
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Michigan City and La Porte, Indiana
- Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota
- Ardmore, Oklahoma
- McAllen/Edinburg and Mission, Texas
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Google Voice updated, Fixes Android 4.2 bugs
Yesterday we reported that Google Voice had a nasty bug in Android 4.2, well today Google released an update to Google Voice which fixes that bug. Seems that all lights are green now for Android 4.2 and Google Voice.
Apex Launcher updated, Supports Android 4.2
One of our other favorite launchers, Apex Launcher just got updated to Android 4.2 and added a few other minor features:
* Added option to close drawer after launching apps
* Added option to toggle home screen alpha effect (leave it off for smoother transitions)
* Improved icon label handling (labels will not be cut off or hidden automatically)
* Fixed FC under Android 4.2
* Various bugfixes
* Updated translations
HTC DLX Coming to China
December 6th, mark it on your calendars. It's reported that the International version of the Droid DNA (HTC DLX) will be appearing in China on that day.
Malware strikes AOKP's site
If you had an account on AOKP's website, you'll need to make a new one. Evidently Malware has attacked the site and all user accounts were compromised.
Rogers and Bell Customers; Xperia T now available
The "James Bond" phone, a.k.a. Sony Xperia T is now available in Canada on both Bell and Rogers, for $99 on a three-year contract. Here are the spec's:
- 4.6-inch 1280 x 720 Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine for razor sharp clarity
- 13 MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Easy connectivity with 'One-touch' function enabled by NFC
- PlayStation Certified
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra sharp graphics
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch.
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- 16GB of internal memory
- Battery: 1850mAh (embedded) – 7 hours talk time, 450 hours standby
Samsung Galaxy S3 hitting Cricket November 23rd
November 23rd, the Samsung beast that is the Galaxy S3 is heading to Cricket and will cost $549.99. With all the same specs we've seen on the other major carriers.