LG has been bringing out the big guns as of late with new phone announcements and one that’s particularly interesting, the Optimus G, yet another Android device somewhat named after a Transformer. All joking aside, it looks to be pretty solid and will run with other high-end smartphones currently on the market and soon to come.
Today, LG confirmed that not only will Sprint be getting the phone, but also AT&T. What’s worth mentioning is that while AT&T will get the version with an 8 megapixel camera, Sprint will be getting the version with a 13 megapixel camera. Not sure why that is exactly, but it appears that the 8 megapixel camera is flush with the body while the 13 megapixel camera sticks out a little bit.
I don’t know about you, but I’d prefer the larger camera. As someone who likes to take a lot of photos with my phone, I’m looking forward to seeing how well the 13 megapixel camera especially stacks up to the fierce competition.
Here’s the specs and both versions will have 4G LTE connectivity:
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ display at 1280 x 768 with a 15:9 ratio
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 13 or 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, MHL, DLNA, NFC
- 2,100 mAh battery with up to 15 hours of talk time
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich