Earlier this month we showed you the leaked images of upcoming LG Optimus L9 on T-Mobile's network. These pics were posted by the famous leak experts, @evleaks on their Twitter. Well, today it has been made official with a press release the Optimus L9 will be launching on T-Mobile later this fall. The details about the price and availability of the phone are still lacking but the press release states that the device will hit shelves "later this fall".
This is a great news for people looking for a mid range budget phone with some decent specs. LG hays lately up their game by a notch and brought forward some solid devices to compete against the likes of Samsung and HTC in the Android world. However, the specs are not what you may call mouth-watering but still the L9 packs serious hardware under the hood in a budget. As refresher below are the full specs of the phone as mentioned in the PR.
- 4.5" IPS Display Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 32GB
- 5 megapixel rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- DLNA, 4G
- 2,150 mAh battery
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
What do you think? Would you pick one up for yourself if it comes with a price tag of $99 on a contract or maybe even $50? Let us know.
Built with a sleek, stylish frame that is only 0.36-inches thin, and surrounded by premium metal trim to provide designer-level styling, the LG Optimus L9 is the latest in the style-focused L-Series of smartphones from LG. Following other popular L-Series phones, such as the Optimus L3, L5 and L7 that were released globally earlier this year, all L-Series phones are designed around five primary aesthetic elements: Modern Square Style for comfortable grip, Floating Mass Technology for a slimmer look, Seamless Layout for a more intuitive arrangement of keys, Harmonized Design Contrast utilizing metallic accents and Sensuous Slim Shape that naturally draws the user's attention.
"The LG Optimus L9 gives our customers an amazing 4G experience packaged in a stylish design," said Brad Duea, senior vice president, product management, T-Mobile USA. "And, when coupled with T-Mobile's Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan, T-Mobile customers have the freedom to live an always-connected lifestyle on our 4G network- whether that means watching videos, streaming music or searching the Web - without having to worry about overage charges or surprise bills."
LG Optimus L9 features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and a gorgeous 4.5-inch qHD Corning Gorilla Glass 2 display for bright colors and clear text. LG Optimus L9 is equipped with a long-lasting 2,150 mAh battery so users can watch video, listen to music, explore the Internet or chat with friends and family for hours with just one charge.
"As the latest device in LG's L-Series smartphones, LG Optimus L9 has been designed to fulfill users' needs for a slim, stylish device that is comfortable to use," said James Fishler, senior vice president of marketing and go-to-market operations, LG Electronics USA. "With LG Optimus L9, users can take advantage of premium smartphone features - a stunning display, a powerful processor and a long-lasting battery - in a sleek design."
LG Optimus L9 also features LG QuickMemo, a smartphone experience with powerful note-taking capabilities that lets users add commentary, notes and drawings to screenshots with a few swipes of a finger, then share them with friends and family via social media and email. LG Optimus L9 provides users with a five-megapixel camera and true-to-life 1080p HD video recording capability, so all of life's important moments can be captured with clarity. For spontaneous photo-worthy events, the LG Optimus L9 lets users snap photos while simultaneously capturing video and take advantage of voice-activated photos using "Cheese Shot" by simply saying "cheese" to snap a picture.
LG Optimus L9 features a suite of connectivity technology. Whether it's streaming high definition movies over T-Mobile's 4G network, sharing a data connection with up to five devices using LG Optimus L9 as a Portable Wi-FiHotspot via T-Mobile's Smartphone Mobile HotSpot feature with a qualifying rate plan, or making calls over a Wi-Fi network with T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling feature, LG Optimus L9 has the wireless capabilities to keep users connected virtually wherever they are.
· Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
· 4.5-inch qHD Corning GorillaGlass 2 Display
· T-Mobile Blazing-Fast Nationwide 4GNetwork
· Sleek, Stylish Design and Slim Profile
· Powerful 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
· LG QuickMemo
· 5-megapixelCamera with LED Flash
· True-to-Life 1080p HD Recording
· Simultaneous Video/Photo Capture
· Long-Lasting 2,150 mAh Battery
· Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/a
· Wi-Fi Calling: Make calls via your Wi-Fi connection in areas with little to no coverage, such as a basement
· T-Mobile Smartphone Mobile HotSpot: share a 4G data connection with up to five compatible wireless devices with a qualifying rate plan
· Bluetooth Version: 3.0 + HS
· SmartShare: share media wirelessly to DLNA-enabled devices
· Slacker Radio: create personalized music, news, sports and comedy on the go
- Video Player with Touch Lock, Dolby Mobile,1 and Resume Play Function; Supports DivX, WMV, MP4, 3GP, and 3G2 Formats
- Music Player with Dolby Mobile; Supports MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, and WAV Formats
- Rear-Facing Camera Resolutions up to 2592 x 1944 (default)
· Cheese Shot: simply say "cheese" to take a picture
· Shot Mode: choose from Normal, Panorama, and Continuous shot
· Customizable Scene Mode, Brightness, ISO, White Balance, Color Effect, Silly Faces, Backgrounds, Timer, and Shutter Sound