We've seen the wild success of the Samsung Galaxy Note and the just released Note 2 (currently only available in the UK). It looks like HTC has as well. LG has already tried to compete with Samsung by launching their LG Optimus Vu – LG Intuition on Verizon – which is kind of awkward to hold, but it is doing well for a LG device.
It looks as if HTC is going to launch an even larger device than Samsung and LG. Here are some of the rumored specs:
- 5.7-inch Super LCD 2 HD display, at 1280×768 resolution
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera, using the same camera lens found in the Windows 8X
- 1.7GHz Tegra 3 processor
- Launch with Android 4.1 – Jelly Bean
- made in the same Polycarbonate body that you'll find in the rest of the One series.
- Will be available in White and Gray colors
PC-Tablets has not said anything about a launch date, but it is looking to be a mid-November launch date. Also no pricing details emerged, but we would say a pricetag of an unlocked version of the One XL+ would be around $700. So far we've seen and heard nothing about a stylus similar to the S Pen, but don't be surprised if there is one available once it is announced.
Anyone excited? It doesn't look like this one is going to be a Nexus, but that could change. Who's looking to pick this one up? Or is 5.7" device to big for you? Hit up the comments and let us know your thoughts.