Here we go with a new version of the Google Play Store. By now you should know the drill. Google pushes a new version of the Google Play Store, someone grabs it and uploads it and it get’s spread around the Android world. That’s no different this time. This version of the Google Play Store is an update from the 3.8.17 which hit back in August.
So you ask what’s new? Well from first glance, the biggest new feature is the ability to remove apps from the “All Apps” list. Which if you’re like those of us who write for Android Headlines, you probably have a few hundred or even thousand apps in that list. Many of which you probably don’t use anymore. Well now you can delete them very easily. Android Police has uploaded some screenshots of this feature and they are below for you. It also appears that the icon that pops up in the notification bar when downloading a newapp or update has also changed.
Android Police has also shared something that’s interesting (well to me at least). Which is the size of the past few updates to the Google Play Store:
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
And now for the download link. It’s down below. If you notice any other changes in this update be sure to put them in the comments.
Source: Android Police