Yesterday we heard rumors that the new Razr HD's would be available on Verizon starting October 18th, following the antenna issues both devices were suffering from. It appears today that Verizon has confirmed that indeed both the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD will be available next Thursday. The Droid Razr HD will have a $199 price tag with a 2-year contract, and the Droid Razr Maxx HD will have a $299 price along with a 2-year contract.
Just a reminder of the specs for both devices:
- 4.7" SAMOLED HD 720p display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.0.4, and Motorola's custom skin
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB (12GB usable) internal storage for HD, 32GB (26GB usable) for MAXX HD
- 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
- microSD slot
- 2500mAh battery for RAZR HD, 3300mAh for MAXX HD (21 hours talk time, 10 hours video streaming, 27 hours music steaming)
- NFC-enabled (Google Wallet isn't confirmed, but knowing Verizon you'll probably need to sideload)
Also the Droid Razr HD will be available in both black and white colors, while the Droid Razr Maxx HD will only be available in black. I'm expecting the Droid Razr Maxx HD to be the bigger seller out of these two, but which one are you picking up? Sound off in the comments with which Razr HD your getting and in what color.