The distinction between mobile devices are getting tougher than ever as tablets get smaller and phones get bigger. The Galaxy Note X – a concept from designer Erica Yusim – proposes a screen size of a whopping 6.3 inches. Keep in mind that the Google Nexus has a 7-inch screen.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
We’re going to start needing bigger pockets!
Let’s take a look at the proposed specs.
- Display: 6.3-inch screen / Full HD / Super AMOLED Plus
- OS: Android 5.0
- Rear Camera: 16 Megapixel, Auto Focus, LED Flash, BSI
- Front Camera: 3 Megapixel, BSI, Best Photo, Best Faces, Low Light Shot
- Connect: Bluetooth v 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, Wi-Fi Direct, mHL, NFC
- Memory: 32/64/128 GB User Memory + 3 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 84.9 x 161.9 x 8.9 mm, 220g
- Battery: Li-ion, 4,000 mAh
Since the Galaxy Note X is still a concept, there are no plans to make a phone like this available yet. Still, Samsung has been following a trend of creating phones with larger screen sizes. (The Galaxy Note II will have a 5.5-inch screen.) The Note X is certainly a plausible addition to the lineup.
There’s been plenty of humor relating to the taller iPhone 5 over past weeks, including ridiculously long devices called the iPhone 10. Are we, in fact, heading down that path with phone designs? At what point is a phone simply too big?
Would you be interested in owning a 6.3-inch phone?
Source: Android Authority