Sony has been in the news at least Android wise this week with the Xperia Acro S coming unlocked to the states, the waterproof Xperia V launching sometime in December, and also the fact that they’re launching their very own external batteries that are very appealing to the eyes.
While most people typically focus on the higher end devices being released to the market, there’s also people who can’t necessarily afford the latest, greatest device and are on more of a budget. The Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual fit in exactly with those more budget conscience and wanting an unlocked phone. There is no quad-core processor and all sorts of other craziness, but both devices come in at under $200 unlocked.
The specs are virtually the same for both devices except the Xperia Tipo Dual allows dual SIM cards. I wonder where it got the name…
- 3.2 inch scratch-resistant TFT display at 320 x 480
- 800 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon single-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 2.9GB (?) internal storage with microSD card support up to 32GB
- 3.2 megapixel rear-facing camera
- No front-facing camera
- HSPA enabled
- Up to 5 hour talk time
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Xperia Tipo available in black, white, red, or blue
- Xperia Tipo Dual available in just black or white
The Xperia Tipo will run you $179.99 while the Xperia Tipo Dual will run you $189.99 from Sony’s Online Store. While the specs aren’t impressive, this is more of a smartphone that’s less about gaming and multitasking and more for a little bit of messaging and doing this thing called making phone calls 🙂