Smartphones and tablets are getting more and more exciting with multiple cores and a heck of a lot of graphics performance to really deliver some cool looking games, and overall performance. One such processor that looks very promising is Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro and packs quite the punch in a small 28nm architecture which means less power usage and less heat.
Pantech is looking to be utilizing that chipset in their Vega R3 smartphone. The phone looks to really take on LG's Optimus G which is launching in the United States come November and with a 5.3 inch display, is yet another Galaxy Note 2 competitor. It all comes down to the specs so let's dive in, shall we?
- 5.3 inch "Natural IPS Pro LCD" display at 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- Likely 16 or 32GB storage, has microSD card support up to 32GB
- WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Yes, yet another smartphone launching soon, but without 4.1 Jelly Bean. Of course one should expect that to come soon but just how soon we don't know. Either way, the Pantech Vega R3, while just slightly thicker than the LG Optimus G and upcoming Galaxy Note 2, looks to offer some nice specs that'll have you blazing through just about anything you throw at it.
Pricing hasn't been announced yet and no word if it'll be coming to Europe or the US anytime soon. Shoot.