Nevosoft have been bringing unique adventure games to Android for a long time now and often, they create sequels to their hit games. Ensuring that the stories that captivate you carry on and you get to further enjoy the magic that goes on in these games. We've reviewed a lot of Nevosoft games and we also reviewed the first Pirate Adventures game so, if you're interested in a game like this, why not check that out first?
Description: If you haven't played the first Pirate Adventures then you might be a little unfamiliar with the story. The Pirate Adventures series of games revolves around a mystical box that our hero, Jack, has been entrusted with by his old ship Captain. After the events of the first game Jack must now put together a worthy crew to help him fulfill the quest. In order to pull such a group together he'll have to travel the coast to find incredible people to join his cause and becoming his shipmates. Along the way you'll face many challenges and have to overcome them all to finally discover the mystery of the box. Take a look at the trailer below to see more:
How It Works: As with other Nevosoft games, getting up and running is easy - all you've got to do is to install the game from the Play Store. After that the game sends you right in at the deep end and propels you on to your adventure to find the missing shipmates Jack so desperately needs.
The game throws you right into the action, starting you off with some puzzle action - something really nice to see from Nevosoft here. After that you'll be set some other tasks.
There are again, some different things going on here when you first start playing - from the opening puzzle to spot the difference, the game has a different beginning to the last game and gets the pace going.
Throughout the game you'll be challenged with object-hunts as well as numerous puzzles to keep you on your toes. Overall, the pacing of the game is a little different, bringing added flare to the game. With this being a Nevosoft title, you can rest assured that you'll come across an eclectic group of characters as well!
Opinion: I have to say, I was expecting more of the same with this sequel but, I was pleasantly surprised to see the game kick off at a rapid pace - making this an excellent title for those that played through the first Pirate Adventures. As well as a great game to start with if you haven't played Nevosoft beforehand. Right from the get go you're shown how Nevosoft can throw different game mechanics together to get a rich result at the end of it.
- Speed (4/5) - With one download from the Play Store it's quick to get going and the action starts right away - a refreshing change of pace.
- Features (4/5) - This is a lot of the same but, mixed up enough to make it feel fresh with a fantastic closing story to an already gripping one.
- Theme (5/5) - Pirate Adventures 2 brings together beautiful visuals and unique characters with a calm backing track across its 18 chapters.
- Overall (4/5) - Whether or not you played Pirate Adventures - this second game is something everyone can enjoy.
- Fantastic pacing to spice things up right from the beginning of the game.
- Differing game mechanics are put together to bring a rich variety to each level.
- Characters are both unique and eccentric - engaging for young and old alike.
- Challenging puzzles give the game depth.
- Voice overs for each scene would be a welcome addition.
- Story could be a little uninviting to those who didn't play Pirate Adventures.
Conclusion: Once again, Nevosoft have delivered another brilliant casual game. Whilst this isn't going to please fans of Dead Trigger it's certainly going to appeal to those who like their games to be a little more relaxed - which Pirate Adventures 2 is perfect for. It's a fun, casual game that doesn't ask too much of its players but gives in spades, if you like good story telling, unique characters and puzzles then this is a must-play game for you. You can find Pirate Adventures 2 as well as other games like it here in the Play Store.