2012 has been a lot of things already this year. It's been an amazing year for sports, with the London 2012 Olympics, the European Soccer Championships and more. There's been some serious tech come to light this year as well, with phones getting more and powerful and LTE becoming easier for almost everyone to get their hands on. However, there's one thing that pretty much everyone will associate with 2012 - it's an Election Year. That's right folks, it's that time again. Whether or not you love or hate Politics they'll be no escaping it soon - it will be everywhere. Luckily though, we've got a game review for you to relax and the enjoy the Election in a different way - by laughing your ass off, throwing fruit at political figures. Perfect.
Description: The whole premise of this is to bring a little satirical fun to this terrible Election that we're going to have to go through. It's a tongue-in-cheek game that has you "voting with vegatables" for the Political figures of this year's Election. You'll have to fight through waves of Wall Street Missionaries and socialists on the White House lawn in order to get to one of many different "boss" figures. The game has a good look and will run just fine on either tablets or smartphones. It's a boat load of fun and if you don't believe me take a look at the trailer below:
How It Works: Fun games like this should be easy to install and thankfully, this is a doddle to get up and running - all you've got to do is go ahead and install the app from the Play Store and run it.
Once you've gotten through the title screen you will have to pick your opponent - Democratic or Republic - and decide who's deceitful lies you hate more. Let's say you choose the Republicans, the first target you can choose to take down is Donald Trump:
Here you'll be tested against waves and waves of minions before Trump will make an appearance - perhaps he's waiting for a payout before he'll be seen on camera? The game's controls are crazy intuitive and work wonderfully with two thumbs on a phone, helpfully the game lays them out for you:
Once you've defeated all minions you'll have to attack the "boss" for that level - starting off it'll be Trump, you have to watch your health meter more better than ever as they're equipped with magical attacks - summoned from the Political Afterlife - making them quite tricky to defeat.
What's great about the boss battles is that they all have they're own unique catchphrases that they'll blurt out as you hurl that fruit. For instance, you can hear Joe Biden's mumblings as you hurl tomatoes at him!
Opinion: I absolutely love this game, it's simple, good looking and gets straight to the point right away - it's a game to poke fun at Politicians without getting you bogged down in any actual Politics. Something Fox News is getting pretty good at I hear. Mad Humans features good arcade style gameplay that suits the setting really well, creating an instantly fun game that's super easy to pick up. It's also a brilliant bite-sized game to play on the go. Instead of picking up that newspaper for the train why not just throw some fruit at some Politicians?
- Speed (5/5) - The game is real easy to install and get running, it runs nice and smooth on a number of devices and has good pacing to it as well.
- Features (4/5) - Mad Humans is a lot of the same for the most part and I'd like to see more enemies out the box but, what this game offers it delivers excellently.
- Theme (5/5) - These aren't blockbuster graphics here but, a game like this doesn't need them. The art style in Mad Humans is good and the cabbage grenade is super satisfying.
- Overall (4/5) - This is an excellent fun game for hours at a time or just every now and then - it's perfect for those moments when you want to escpae the Election talk.
- Throwing digital fruit has never been so satisfying, or fun to watch for that matter.
- There's a consistent theme throughout Mad Humans and it works well.
- The Gameplay on offer here is top-notch, simple, fun and satisfying.
- Just what you need when the News channels have fried your brain with Political news.
- I'd like to see more levels straight out of the box.
- Boss fights can drag a little.
Conclusion: I've really enjoyed my time with Mad Humans Election and I'm fairly certain that you will as well. Not everyone loves Election Year but, for those that do this is sure to be a fun way to relax after reading of the latest faux pas in the press. For those of us that want as little as possible to do with the Election this is perfect as you can take your anger out on the Politicians that are flooding your TV sets. The gameplay is good and the graphics are really nice, it's a satisfying game as well. If you haven't given it a go already then what are you waiting for? Go and try it out from the Play Store now.