Who here likes good weather widgets? I know I do because I’m the type of person who has to have apps that not only work good, but they have to look good too otherwise it’s going to right back to where it came from never to be used again.
eWeather HD 4.5 brings you all of that and more! It comes with so many features it will blow your socks off! Not only does it have your average weather app features, but it has has a radar widget! Now I know there’s probably not too many like me, but when it’s storming I like having my radar open and viewing it often. I’m a lover of storms so having a radar widget is a big plus in my book! eWeather HD is a great weather app for many!
eWeather HD 4.5 for Android released
The update improves forecast, decreases internet traffic, increases graphics quality, adds new widgets and notifications.
All new features of the eWeather HD, ver.4.5:
– Radar interval decreased to 5 minutes.
– Added radar for Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam.
– 48 hourly weather forecast graph with detailed description.
– Rotate phone for switch hourly weather clock and hourly weather graph.
– New widget: Hourly weather forecast graph.
– New filters for earthquakes list.
– Humidity and precipitation amount in status bar notification.
– Filter for weather alerts.
– Sound for weather alerts.
– Fixed problem with unstable HD widgets.
– More details weather icons: slight rain, medium rain, strong rain, etc.
– Added local time in locations list.
– Context help.
– Improved temperature digits in status bar notification.
– Start alarm clock while click on top right corner of the widget (enable at Menu->Options->Widgets).
– Colors changed to standard Android’s color palette.
– New weather update schedule options.
– Turkish language supported.
– More fast reports.
– Internet traffic is reduced.
– Graphics quality is increased .
– Location precision is increased.
– Font sizes is added for notification status bar area.
– Icon sizes is added for weather clock.
– Earthquake place description is added in earthquake map widget.
– Precision is increased for moon phase icon.
– New option is added for disable animation on screen swipe.
All features of theeWeather HD:
– 2 world-known weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider.
– 130,000 locations all over the world.
– 20 original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1×1, 2×2, 1×4, 4×1, 4×2, 3×3, 4×4 etc).
– 10 day forecast.
– 10 notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc.
– Animated Doppler NEXRAD radar on Google maps for USA except Alaska and islands.
– NOAA (NEXRAD) radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only).
– Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap.
– Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA.
– Black ice and freeze warnings.
– 100 latest earthquakes in the world on Google map.
– Barometer with headache indicator.
– Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times.
– Sunrise and sunset times.
– Weather map with temperature and precipitation.
– Geomagnetic storm forecast.
– 24 hour by hour forecast.
– Current weather conditions.
– Only uses 8 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update.
– World clock.
– METAR from weather station (except Foreca).
– UV index.
– Precipitation probability.
– Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snow fall amount.
– Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
– Full tablet support.
– Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail.
The NOAA Doppler radar (NEXRAD) map shows rain, snow and hail movement on Google Maps around your location in real time which updates every 10 minutes. The Doppler radar is available only for USA (except Alaska and islands). Radar widgets based on OpenStreetMaps.
eWeather HD has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes.
eWeather HD provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding: magnitude, time and distance from your location. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location.
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is available at: Google Play, Amazon app store