Oh dear Canada, the frozen tundra of the north. Of course I kid and it appears that things will heat up a little bit more in the smartphone department. Last month, LG announced the Optimus G and the phone making its way to South Korea later this month, as well as a US version coming soon as well. Now, according to The Official Bluetooth SIG website, the phone will also be coming to Canada.
Unfortunately, there's no word yet on when it will be released and which carriers will be rocking it. Either way, we do have the specs of the phone which look to be pretty dang good for a phone named after a Transformer…
- 4.7 inch WXGA True HD IPS+ display at 1280×768 (320 ppi)
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 quad-core processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 4G LTE, MHL, DLNA
- 2,100 mAh battery
- Just 8mm thin
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
The Optimus G looks to be a pretty impressive high end phone. It's worth noting that it has double the RAM of most competitors. Of course, most people will never even use that to its full potential, but at least you can play the latest games and hopefully not have to worry about any lag of any sort.