Samsung has done pretty dang good this year, especially with the launch of the Galaxy S III which appears to be one of if not the hottest selling Android smartphone for 2012. Last year, they released the Galaxy Note which some call a "phablet" since it's in between a phone and a tablet with the large 5.3 inch display.
Since the phone is set for a refresh, talk has been flying out of every direction about the Galaxy Note II, the next generation. Well, we do know that it will be released soon, either in September or October. There haven't been any photos until now. An alleged photo was sent in by a tipster to GSMArena and from the looks of it, seems to be about right. As with any leak and rumor, until the manufacturer opens their mouth, we don't truly know for sure.
The Galaxy Note II essentially looks like a larger Galaxy S III except for some minor differences. We'll let you be the judge. As far as the specs of the phone, we shouldn't be disappointed…
- 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display at 1280×800 pixels
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1.5GHZ Exynos 4 Quad processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- Up to 32GB internal storage with microSD card slot which supports up to 32GB
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p video support
- No details on front-facing camera, but original Galaxy Note had 2 megapixels
- Said to have Android 4.0, however, could launch with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Even though Samsung is battling it out in court, the upcoming Galaxy Note II looks very promising and come their press conference on August 29th, we'll find out all the official details then.