Over the last year or so, we've seen a new hybrid tablet make its way onto the scene and go on to do quite well. That is the tablet which also doubles as a laptop when put into the keyboard docking station. One manufacturer that's had success with the concept is ASUS and their Transformer Prime.
In fact, when the ASUS Transformer Prime launched, it was hard to find it anywhere. Anyways, in a market where a semi-decent laptop will run you anywhere from $400 to $600, the idea of having a tablet and laptop in one is very appealing which is why Lenovo is introducing their new IdeaPad S2110.
Here's the specs:
- 10.1-inch HD IPS display at 1280x800
- 1.5GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- Available with 16 or 32GB storage
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi b/g/n, GPS, HDMI out
- Android 4.0
- Optional keyboard dock with 2 USB ports, 3-in-1 card reader, and battery to keep tablet charged
The price for all this? $350 for the 16GB version by itself with it running you $499 with the keyboard docking station. The 32GB version with keyboard docking station is $529 which is around the same price of a decent dual-core Windows laptop currently on the market. Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with the specs and pricing if that wasn't all we've got.
Check out the unboxing below and let us know what you think. Would you buy one?