Today is the day you've all been waiting for Xoom 4G LTE owners. It's been a long time coming, especially for the original Android tablet that came with Honeycomb. After countless rumors and delays,Verizon has slowly began rolling out Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 to your tablet. You've been waiting for this update for nearly 7 months, if you can't wait any longer and you haven't been prompted to update your tablet just yet, check out the instructions below.
Warning: These instructions aren't for everyone. They require a bit more work and hardware than your normal ROM update. You'll need a USB host cable and USB drive. You'll also need to be running stock Honeycomb, Android build HLK75H. If you have the prerequisites covered, then let's get started.
Download OTA Update from Google: IMM76L-from-HLK75H.2a903016.zip
1. Download the file from above and drop it on a USB stick or SD card that can be put in a USB Stick.
2. Turn your XOOM off.
3. When you power it back on, tap Volume Down at the red M logo until it says:-> Android Recovery
4. Tap Volume Up to enter recovery mode.
5. At the green Android logo, press Power and Volume Up.
6. Plug in your USB drive to a USB host cable and then into your XOOM.
7. Scroll down to "apply update from USB drive" and select it with Power.
8. Scroll down to the .zip update file from above and use Power to select it to begin installation.
XOOM 4G LTE with Android 4.0.4 Enhancements
Email, Messaging and Data
4G LTE upgrade issues resolved.
Device successfully connects to 4G LTE network immediately after DUAL IMSI switch.
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) policy improvements.
EAS security and sync fixed.
Optimized EAS setup.
Enhanced Client Conversions with EAS.
Email search now available.
Improved email folder ordering.
Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan features.
Users have the ability to save pages for offline reading and desktop versions of websites.
Updated "People" application to integrate with Google+ and other social networks.
Improved text input and spell-check.
Down arrow added in browser navigation bar.
Improved device stability.
Pressing the power button locks the device when
you have a pattern, pin or password lock enabled.
App launcher has been redesigned to allow app
dragging to do the following:
- Get Information
Improved imaging capabilities:
- Launch camera from Lockscreen
- Added effects during video recording
- Single motion panorama mode
Added photo editor to the Gallery application.
Updated widget controls to allow expansion and
contraction to show more content.
New system font (Roboto) for improved readability.
Improved screen rotation response time.
Optimized widget sizes.
Improved device stability limits the number of resets.
Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.