Looks like 4G LTE will be finally coming to the DROID Incredible, rolling out on Verizon July 5th. The phone was announced back in early May during CTIA in New Orleans. Seemed to have got held up for some reason. There was no explanation as to why it got held up, but chances are it could be because Verizon was preparing to launch their new Share Everything plans which have generated some not-so-great discussion.
The DROID Incredible 4G LTE will cost $199 on a two year contract, though it could come with a $50 mail in rebate. $149 would be a more reasonable price considering the Galaxy S III will be priced at that and is more of a premium smartphone. Anyways, here's the specs:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm® Snapdragonâ„¢ S4 processor
- 4 inch super LCD qHD display at 540x960 pixels
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 32GB
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Gorilla Glass for protection from scratches and drops
- Beats Audio
- Sense 4 UI running on Android 4.0.3
- 1700 mAh battery
- Mobile hotspot capability which allows you to share the 4G LTE connection with up to 10 different devices
Customers can expect it online or in stores come July 5th. It will be interesting to see if Verizon keeps the price at $199 which would make it compete with the Galaxy S III, a better phone spec wise. If that happens, doesn't seem the phone would stand a chance.