Virgin Mobile, the popular pre-paid and unlimited data service that charges far less for data plans, is going to be getting the HTC EVO V 4G on May 31st. It used to be that the big carriers would get the best phones while pre-paid services would get rather "meh" devices, however, that's changed considerably with the sheer growth of Android.
The HTC EVO V 4G will cost you $299.99 which is a great price considering Virgin Mobile's unlimited data plan will run you $55/month for unlimited everything. Compare that to Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint and you'll save a lot of money in the long run.
Here are the specs of the EVO V 4G and it's looking pretty good:
- 5MP camera with video and 3D HD imaging, and 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen
- 1730 mAh battery (up to six hours of talk time)
- 1GB RAM/4GB ROM
- External micro SD memory card slot up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- HDMI and Bluetooth-capable
- Dual microphones for noise suppression
- Digital compass, G-Sensor, Light sensor, GPS/AGPS
- 4G WiMAX technology
Yes, it's not on par with some of the devices we're seeing from big carriers, but it's still not that bad of specs at all considering this will be more than enough for a lot of people.