Samsung has done a marvelous job not only at hiding the real Galaxy S3 from the public, and its specs, but they were probably even working on multiple "Galaxy S3" devices so that whenever one of them got leaked, the public just got more confused about what the real Galaxy S3 will have. The same probably happened with the Galaxy S3 renders, too.
We've heard rumors of the processor being a dual core Cortex A9, a quad core Cortex A9 1.4 Ghz (or 1.5 Ghz), and even being a dual core 2 Ghz Cortex A15 or 1.7 Ghz. We've also heard the display might have either a 720p or an 1080p resolution, and a size ranging from 4.6" to 4.8". We've seen images of the so called Galaxy S3 that have either a home physical button, or have 3-5 software buttons.
So it's all been pretty crazy, and with only a week before the Galaxy S3 official announcement, we still can't be sure what the specs will be or how it will look like. If I were to list my best guesses for what the Galaxy S3 will feature, it would look something like this:
- 1.4 Ghz Exynos 4 Quad chip, with overclocked Mali400 GPU
- 720p next-gen Super AMOLED Plus display at 4.8"
- 12 MP best in class rear-camera with fast shutter, 1080p video recording
- 2 MP front camera with HD (720p) video-chatting
- 16/32 GB internal storage (no SD card)
- ceramics/metal body in different colors
- Android 4.0 and Touchwiz 5.0 (or 4.x with new Holo design)