Developer: Freeze Tag, Inc. Game: Rocket Weasel
Rocket Weasel is a relatively new entry into the mobile gaming scene and is available on both Android and iOS platforms. It's a well done app and game play is similar to that of Angry Birds, but with improved graphics and more challenging game play elements. It is a free download from the Play Store, and works on both phones and tablets. The story line starts with you as the Weasel Professor leading your weasel students into the chicken coup next to school, but upon entry all your students get captured in trap cages and only you are able to escape. The game is about your many missions attached to a rocket trying to free your weasel students.
How It Works
At first you must simply slide your finger forward directing the arrow towards the weasel cage you want to break open. The direction is shown by the arrow and power is shown by how shaded in the blue arrow becomes, which is determined by how far you slide your finger away from the main character. As you progress the game adds different elements and tools into the mix that make it progressively more fun and more challenging.
The different elements include new rocket types, the added challenge of having to save two weasels in different locations with one shot, and different animals that can either help or hinder your progress in different ways that you must discover for yourself.
I am a big fan of Rocket Weasel, and was actually disappointed when I finished the first series and realized the entire game was not included for free. Freeze Tag successful got me hooked and the game is definitely worth the 99 cents purchase price. It has great visuals and keeps you playing with new rockets, animals, and challenges along the way. Every few levels present you with something new to try and conquer in your task to save your students from capture.
- Speed (5/5) - I experienced no problems with the speed of the game with no noticeable slowdowns.
- Features (4/5) - The features of multiple rockets, and multiple different elements included in completing tasks combine for a entertaining experience all the way through.
- Theme (4/5) - The theme is along the lines of the popular Angry Birds, with additional elements that add new interest to the style of game play.
- Overall (4/5) - A fun and visual appealing addition to your app collection, that will hopefully continue to add new levels and features as the game continues to grow.
- Great visuals
- Stays entertaining with new game play additions
- Easy to jump right in and play
- Had trouble installing on ICS but is to be fixed soon
- Many items go unexplained, such as which animals are foe or friend and have to be figured out using trial and error.
Rocket Weasel is an entertaining new game that keeps you engaged all the way throughout. With game play similar to Angry Birds, but with additional elements that keep it both fresh and challenging. Freeze Tag has developed a visually appealing title that is simple enough to jump in and play, but challenging enough to keep you coming back for more. The game is available as a free download from the Google Play Store and allows you to complete the first section of the game as a free trial. Go ahead and click the market link below and start your adventures in Rocket Weasel and you'll be pleasantly surprised by this entertaining new title.