Verizon's Spring/Summer lineup has been published, and holds a few surprises. Let's see what we've got here. Strangely, the Droid Incredible 2 is listed as "coming soon" when we know it went live on Big Red's website last week. The HTC Trophy, Verizon's first Windows Phone 7 handset, is out and it will soon be joined by the LG Revolution and Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play, so it looks like we were right on the money when we reported on those release dates. According to the picture, the Revolution might now be launching solo next Thursday, as there's no sign of the Motorola Droid X2 in the guide. Also conspicuously missing are two other Motorola Droids, the Bionic and the Droid 3. Since there's not much more we can deduce from Verizon's guide, let's recap what we already know about these Droids.
- Until a few days ago, we thought this phone was scheduled for a May 12th release. Has that changed?
- We know it recently showed up in Best Buy's inventory which would suggest to me that they're expecting it in stock in the near future.
- It should retail for about $199
- *Not fact* My latest theory about the Bionic is this: the slide that leaked last month with the Droid 3 LCD story was wrong when it called the Droid 3 "Targa", and the rumoured "Targa" was actually the other device Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha referred to last week from which the new Bionic borrowed some features. So, neither the Droid 3 nor the Bionic are the device codenamed "Targa", which might never materialise as the new Bionic has borrowed some of its best features.
- Since the Bionic also appeared on Best Buy's system, we can only assume it's coming soon.
- Droid 3 specs
- The recent LCD leak probably means it'll be arriving soon
- It's also on Best Buy's radar
So what are we to think? Verizon have presented us with something of a mystery, but with them being such good buddies with Motorola could it be as simple as them planning separate advertising for their new Moto range?
Hit us up in the comments section with your thoughts and rumours….